General Terms & Conditions
Consumer Terms and Conditions for sale of goods
and provision of services
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any products from our site. You should understand that by ordering any of our products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
This contract sets out your legal rights and responsibilities, our legal rights and responsibilities and certain key information required by law. In this contract:
- We, us or our means Miele Company Limited; and
- You or your means the person buying services from us.
If you don't understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us by email or by telephone by the contact details at Section 1 below. We may record calls for quality and training purposes.
1............ Information about us and how to contact us.................................................................... 1
2............ Buying products from us.................................................................................................. 2
3............ Buying Services from us (Visits and Repairs).................................................................. 6
4............ Cancellation Rights..........................................................................................................11
5............ General Terms................................................................................................................ 14
6............ Miele Service Certificates – 5 and 10 Years................................................................... 18
7............ Miele Platinum Care Service.......................................................................................... 22
8............ CareBox.......................................................................................................................... 24
9............ Outlet Terms and Conditions........................................................................................... 26
10.......... Voucher codes................................................................................................................ 27
11.......... Recycling........................................................................................................................ 28
12.......... Cookies.......................................................................................................................... 28
13.......... Data, Privacy and Information........................................................................................ 29
- Information about us and how to contact us
- We are Miele Company Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 00769014 and our registered office address is at Fairacres, Marcham Road, Abingdon, OX14 1TW. Our registered VAT number is 226947242.
- You can contact us about a product, a service or a repair on:
- by telephoning our customer service team on 0330 160 6600 (local rates apply from mobiles and landlines, and will be included if your phone tariff offers inclusive calls to landlines) – this line is open from Mondays to Fridays 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm (excluding Bank Holidays). Throughout the year, opening times may vary, please refer to our website – www.miele.co.uk - for further details.
- via the link on at https://www.miele.co.uk/domestic/contact-form-2970.htm
- by e‐mail at email@example.com.
- if we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us.
- when we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
- www.miele.co.uk is a site operated by us.
- Buying products from us
- Summary of your legal rights
- Please read the following important terms and conditions before you order services from us. Summary of some of your key rights:
- You have the following legal rights (under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013) when you buy online or by phone:
- If you decide you no longer want the product, you may cancel your contract within 14 days after the day on which you received the product and receive a full refund.
- If you cancel the contract, you must retain possession of the products and take reasonable care of them.
- You must inform us of your decision to cancel by a clear statement.
Please see the Cancellation Rights (at Section 4) below for more details.
- This is a summary of some of your key rights. For detailed information from Citizens Advice please visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
- The information in this paragraph 2.1 summarises some of your key rights. It is not intended to replace the contract below which you should read carefully.
- How the contact is formed between you and us (when ordering a product online)
- All orders are subject to acceptance by us.
- If we reject your order our website will display a page acknowledging your order but advising you that we have rejected it.
- If we accept your order we will send you an email (the Order Confirmation) acknowledging your order and confirming our acceptance of it. Our Order Confirmation will also advise you that we have taken payment for the product or products that you have ordered. The contract between us (Contract) will be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation.
- A guide to the different steps that you must take for a Contract between us to be formed is available on the home page of the On-line store at www.miele.co.uk.
- For 1 year we will retain details of the contract with you which will be accessible by us. We will provide such details to you on request.
- The contract between us will be formed in the English language.
- Delivery and Installation
- Domestic appliances (excluding Vacuum Cleaners)
- We aim to make the purchase of your new appliance from us as easy as we can so that you can enjoy your new machine with as little hassle as possible. The price you pay for your appliance direct through us includes the cost of delivery, basic connection (where applicable) and disposal of your old appliance. We will even take away all unwanted packaging that comes with your new appliance, saving you the trouble of disposing of it yourself.
- Please note that this service applies to England, Scotland and Wales addresses only. For remote geographical locations such as Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, Isle of White, Channel Islands, the Scottish islands, we may only offer a delivery service only. Please contact our customer service team on 0330 160 6600 for further information. For services in Northern Ireland please contact Miele Ireland at www.miele.ie.
- Once you have placed your order we will contact you by telephone usually by the following working day to arrange delivery to your chosen address and to confirm if you have an old machine for disposal. We can usually deliver your appliance within 2 working days after placing your order although this is subject to your postcode, stock availability and to us agreeing with you a time that is convenient.
- Freestanding Appliances
For freestanding appliances we will disconnect your old appliance and take it away for recycling. We will put your new appliance in place including plugging it in and for freestanding washing machines and dishwashers we will connect to water supply and waste. In some circumstances, where we find mains services to be unsuitable for safe disconnection and connection or where some level of remedial works are required, we reserve the right to not carry out these services. We are unable to disconnect or connect hard wired appliances, to rewire plugs, to ‘customise’ fittings and fixtures or to dismantle or change any furniture.
- Integrated appliances
For built-in dishwashers we are able to offer an installation service for both integrated and semi-integrated appliances, this includes fitting the integrated door from matching kitchen cabinets. This service costs £85 including VAT. This must be requested and paid at the time of purchase to ensure we are able to set a suitable installation date. We can take your old integrated appliance for disposal providing it is removed from its niche and has no fixing or furniture attached to it.
All other integrated appliances
We regret that we are unable to un-install or install integrated or semi integrated appliances, this includes appliances that have an integrated door front matching your kitchen cabinets. We can take away your old integrated appliance for disposal providing that it is disconnected from all mains supplies and that it is removed from its niche and has no fixings or furniture attached to it.
- Stacking Kit
Where you have bought a tumble dryer and stacking kit which is compatible with your washing machine we can stack your tumble dryer on top of your washing machine.
- Consolidated Orders
We always aim to consolidate orders although if you have also ordered accessories, a vacuum cleaner or more than one product then these may arrive separately on a different delivery.
- Vacuum Cleaners
- The online price you pay for your Miele vacuum cleaner includes the cost of delivery.
- Deliveries of vacuum cleaners can be made to England, Scotland and Wales. For customers living in Northern Ireland, please contact Miele Ireland at www.miele.ie.
- We will aim to deliver your vacuum cleaner within 2-5 working days subject to postcode and stock availability.
- Our chosen carrier will attempt delivery to your chosen address; if there is no-one available they will leave a card with instructions on how to arrange another delivery date or how to collect locally.
- We always aim to consolidate orders although if you have ordered accessories or more than one product with your vacuum cleaner then these may arrive separately on a different delivery.
- If we can help with anything relating to the delivery of your Miele vacuum cleaner please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your Order Acknowledgment number.
- Accessories & Dustbags - Standard delivery
Please see our website, www.miele.co.uk for standard delivery charges. We deliver to England, Scotland and Wales. Deliveries are made within 2-5 working days of placing your order. Deliveries are via our chosen courier and require a signature. For customers living in Northern Ireland, please contact Miele Ireland at www.miele.ie.
- Out of stock items
To avoid dissatisfaction we aim to keep stock at levels to meet customers demand. From time to time however products may regrettably be out of stock. If this is the case then we will inform you by email and the items will be delivered to you as soon as they are available. Items on the same order that are in stock will be delivered to you as normal.
- Outlet products
Please see the Outlet Terms and Conditions below at Section 9.
- Availability and delivery
- Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Order Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, then no later than 30 days of the date of the Order Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances or the particular appliance you have ordered has a longer lead time. If the appliance is due to take longer than 30 days from the date of the Order Confirmation, we shall contact you to discuss this and arrange a convenient time for the appliance to be delivered.
- If the product(s) that you order are unavailable for delivery by us within the time period specified in paragraph 2.4.1, we will inform you and refund your payment as soon as possible. We will in any event refund your payment within 30 days of the delivery date set out in the Order Confirmation, or if no delivery date is specified in the Order Confirmation within 60 days of the date of the Order Confirmation.
- If the product(s) that you order are unavailable for delivery by us within the time period specified in paragraph 2.4.1 we will not provide substitute goods for the product(s) unless you request us to do so.
- Risk and title
- All risk in the products you order (including risk of loss and/or damage to the products) shall pass to you when they are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order. If you arrange your own carrier, the products will be at your risk once the carrier has collected the products from us.
- Ownership of the products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the products, including delivery charges.
- Price and payment
- The price of any products will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error, and will include VAT.
- Information on any product shown on our site will include a statement as to whether delivery is included in the product price, or whether an additional delivery charge is payable. Where delivery is not included in the product price, the delivery charge will be added to the total amount due.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an Order Confirmation.
- Our site contains a large number of products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the product to you. If a product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the product or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
- We are under no obligation to provide the product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an Order Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
- Payment for all products must be by credit or debit card. Please refer to the product page of our website for a list of cards that we accept. We will charge your credit or debit card when we confirm our acceptance of your order via Order Confirmation.
- Buying Services from us (Visits and Repairs)
- Summary of your legal rights
- Please read the following important terms and conditions before you order services from us. Summary of some of your key rights:
- The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that up to 14 days after we accept your order, you can cancel the contract (and get a full refund of any advance payments). Please note that if we have already started or completed the services within this period, the position is different as explained below.
- We are under a legal duty to supply services that conform to these terms and other information supplied to you.
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that where the contract is for services:
- you can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it's not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can't fix it;
- if you haven't agreed a price beforehand, what you're asked to pay must be reasonable;
- if you haven't agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
- This is a summary of some of your key rights. For detailed information from Citizens Advice please visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
- The information in this paragraph 3.1 summarises some of your key rights. It is not intended to replace the contract below which you should read carefully.
- Coverage of these terms
- If you buy services on our site or through a phone booking you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- You may only order service visits or repairs for non‐business reasons. For our commercial repair services, please visit http://www.miele‐professional.co.uk/ or call 0845 365 6608. Different terms apply to our commercial repair services.
- Services may be ordered online or by phone. In some cases, we need to take your order by phone rather than online. Please see:
http://www.miele.co.uk/domestic/maintenance‐and‐service‐480.htm for a list of services that can only be ordered by phone on 0330 160 6600.
- This contract is only available in English. No other languages will apply to this contract.
- We only accept orders for service visits or repairs from within England, Scotland and Wales. For service visits to some parts of the UK, we do not provide services ourselves but will provide details for our service partners who operate in those areas. Please visit our website for further details. Customers living in Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland should contact Miele Ireland on 0800 904 7927 to book a service repair and should not use our online booking system.
- Ordering services from us
- Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- You place an order on the site by entering the required details through our portal at https://iservice.miele.co.uk/amsap58/htm/Start.htm. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process by clicking on the 'submit' button, we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the appliances are not ones for which we can accept online service visit bookings (see paragraph 3.5);
- we cannot authorise your payment (where applicable);
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the services.
- Where you place your order by phone, our customer services will take details and will advise you if for any reason we cannot take your order.
- Please ensure that all details submitted with your order are accurate. This will assist us in dealing with your repair efficiently
- We will only accept your order when we e‐mail you to confirm this (Confirmation E‐mail). At this point a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us.
- If you wish to change an order after we have accepted it, please let us know as soon as possible. If the change is possible, we will advise about any change to price, timescales or anything else that would be involved and ask whether you wish to go ahead on that basis. If we cannot agree to a change, you may wish to end the contract (see Section 4 Cancellation Rights).
- If we need to make changes to an order, we will notify you and, if you do not agree to those changes, you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect (and receive a refund for any services paid for but not received). If our supply of services is delayed by events outside our control, we will notify you as soon as possible and take steps to minimize the effect of any delay. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you can contact us to end the contract (and receive a refund for any services paid for but not received).
- Service visits
- Except for appliances that are returned to us for repair (see paragraph 3.5), you agree that we will carry out a service visit to diagnose and/or repair or service your Miele appliance. The details of the services to be provided are as set out in the Confirmation E‐mail.
- We may carry out the services through our own technicians, or may sometimes use our authorised repairers to carry out the services on our behalf (in which case, we remain responsible for the services).
- We will normally agree the date of your service visit when you arrange it. At your request, we will provide you with a narrower time slot and the name of the technician who will visit you by the following methods, from 2.00 pm the day before the visit, as follows:
- text message: provide us with a mobile number and we will text you the name and two‐hour call slot of the technician;
- e‐mail: if we have your e‐mail address, we can send you the information electronically.
- Although we aim to return your appliance to working order during the first service visit, there are some circumstances where this may not be possible, including:
- If we do not have all necessary parts to complete the repair, we may need to arrange a return visit. In such cases we will not charge you a call‐out charge for the first visit although technician time during that first visit will be counted towards the first hour of time for the second visit.
- If in our opinion your appliance is beyond economic repair, we will discuss this with you before carrying out the services. Where you decide not to have work carried out for this reason, please note that a call‐out charge will still apply (see paragraph 3.7.1(c) below).
- If you do not allow us access to your property to provide the service visit as arranged (and you do not have good reason for this) we may charge you additional costs incurred by us as a result (see the charges for failed calls on our website). If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are then unable to contact you or re‐arrange the service visit, we may end the contract.
- Vacuum Cleaners, Countertop Coffee Machines and Fashion Masters
Repairs for vacuum cleaners and countertop coffee machines are not carried out by service visit – for these appliances, please order the repair by phone on 0330 160 6600 to enable us to arrange collection of your appliance for repair or servicing. Our repair service and charges for these appliances are set out at http://www.miele.co.uk/domestic/maintenance‐and‐service‐480.htm and are inclusive of parts and labour. This service covers servicing and minor repairs, and we are not able to provide this service for appliances requiring major repairs: where we consider that your vacuum cleaner or countertop coffee machine cannot reasonably be repaired, we will return the appliance to you and refund half the cost of the service.
- Service Guarantee
- We guarantee all repairs carried out on a specific fault for 12 months, covering both labour and replaced parts. Please note that this service guarantee only covers the specific parts and services supplied under the service visit or during the repair: it does not cover any other faults that your appliance may have. The service guarantee does not apply where the failure of a repair or a replaced component is due to any of the following:
- Non‐compliance with safety regulations and warnings given in the operating instructions;
- Faults caused by operating errors or lack of care;
- Inappropriate and/or commercial use;
- Intentional or accidental damage, or external influences;
- Incorrect installation or faulty repairs by non‐authorised repairers; or
- Use of non‐approved spare parts or accessories.
- The service guarantee is offered as an extra benefit and does not affect your key rights, which are summarized at the top of these terms.
- Price and Payment
- Our service visit charges are set out on our website in pounds sterling (GBP) and include VAT at the applicable rate. The price for your service visit (and the basis of any charges we cannot calculate in advance) will be indicated on the order pages when you place your order or will be confirmed during your phone booking:
- call‐out charges include the first hour of labour; additional time after that first hour is based on an hourly rate but is charged in 6‐minute increments;
- replacement spare parts are charged as extra – your technician will advise you of the cost of spares;
- where our technician advises that your appliance is beyond economic repair (BER), our BER call‐out charge will apply.
We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices advised to you are correct. If, in the course of a service visit, it becomes apparent that further work is needed on your appliance beyond that covered in your order, the technician will agree the costs of that additional work with you.
- In some cases, and where stated during the order process, we require advance payment before we start the services. Where you have made advance payment (unless you have pre‐paid in full) we will invoice you for the balance of the price of the services when we have completed them. In all other cases, you will need to make payment on completion of the services.
- Unless services have been fully pre‐paid, you must pay each invoice within 30 calendar days after the date of the invoice. We accept payment by all major credit and debit cards, but we are unable to accept cash payment. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 3% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank from time to time. This interest will accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
- Nothing in this paragraph affects your legal rights to cancel the contract during the 14 day cancellation period, for further details please see Section 4 (Cancellation Rights).
- Cancellation Rights
- Summary of your legal rights
- Cancelling a product
You may cancel your order up to 14 days after delivery of the product, beginning on the day after you received the products. You will receive a full refund of the price paid for the product in accordance with our refunds policy (set out in paragraph 4.4 below).
- Cancelling a service order
You may cancel a service order within 14 days of placing your order with us. Where you have requested us to supply services before the end of this cancellation period:
- If you cancel during the cancellation period but after we have started the services (but before they are completed), we will charge you (or, where you have made advance payment, deduct from any refund) an amount for the supply of services in proportion to the services provided before you communicated your cancellation of the contract.
- You do not have the right to cancel in respect of services that have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running.
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- How to cancel
- To cancel a product or a service, please inform us of your decision to cancel by a clear statement (e.g. letter sent by post or email) by:
- emailing us at email@example.com, to cancel a delivery. To cancel a service, please email us at info.miele.co.uk;
- Writing to us at: Miele Company Limited, Fairacres, Marcham Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 1TW. You may use the model cancellation form (set out in paragraph 4.3, but it is not obligatory).
- Filling in and submitting the model cancellation form, or any other clear statement, on our website https://www.miele.co.uk/domestic/contact‐form‐2970.htm. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of that cancellation e‐mail without delay.
- Contacting us by telephone on 0330 160 6600.
Please provide us with your name, postal address, and where available, your telephone number and email address.
- Your obligations, when returning a product to us:
- You must also return the product(s) to us without undue delay (and in any event no later than 14 days after informing us of your decision to cancel, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk).
- You have a legal obligation to handle and take reasonable care of the products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation. If the value of the products is diminished as a result of your unnecessary handling of them, we may recover such diminished value from you either directly or by reducing the value of any refund due to by that amount.
- Model Cancellation Form
To Miele Company Limited, Fairacres, Marcham Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 1TW (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/for the supply of the following service [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s):
Address of consumer(s):
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper):
[*] Delete as appropriate
- Refund Policy
- Refunds within 14 days
When you return a product to us (or cancel a service) within the 14 day cooling-off period, we will make the refund to you without delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you the product; or
- (if earlier)14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the product; or
- in relation to a service, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel.
We will refund you the full price of the product (or service), including the cost of sending the product to you (unless you chose a delivery method other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us, in which case we shall refund you an amount no less than the cost of the least expensive type offered). However you should return the product to us within 14 days of the date that you cancel. Unless paragraph 2.4.3 applies you will be responsible for the cost of returning the product to us.
- Refunds after 14 days
- Refunds for products after 14 days
When you return a product to us after the 14 day cooling-off period for any reason (for example because you claim that the product is defective), we will examine the returned product and will advise you whether you are entitled to a refund by email within a reasonable period of time. We will process any refund due to you within 30 days of our confirmation of your entitlement to a refund. Where we confirm your entitlement to a refund, we will refund you in full for the product, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the product to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the product.
- Refunds for services after 14 days
Your rights to cancel the contract during the cancellation period under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 are described in this Section 4. Where you wish to end the contract in other circumstances or outside the cancellation period:
- if you wish to end the contract but we have not completed the services, you must pay us for services provided up until the point that you end the contract (and, if any advance payments exceed the amount due, we will refund the difference to you);
- if you wish to end the contract because:
- we have told you about a change to the services, and error in the price or description of the services, or a change to these terms to which you do not agree, or because there is a risk that the services will be significantly delayed because of events outside our control; or
- because you have a legal right to end the contract because our services were not in conformity with the contract or were defective, you will not be liable to pay for any services that have not been provided and if we are at fault you may also be entitled to compensation.
- We may end the contract if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us access to your property to provide the visit as arranged (and you do not have good reason for this). In this situation we will deduct an 'out card fee' as a call out charge from the amount you have paid for this service and refund you the remaining balance.
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe us under this contract.
- Method of payment
We will make the refund using the same method used by you to make the payment to us, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the refund.
- General Terms
- If there is a problem with our services
- Your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’), are set out at paragraphs 2.1, 3.1and 4.1. They are a summary of your key rights. For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- contact us using the contact details at Section 1; or
- visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
- Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Please contact us using the contact details at Section 1, if there has been a problem with our services and you want us to repeat or remedy a service, or you wish to request a price reduction or to reject the services and get a refund.
- We aim to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If for any reason you are unhappy with our products or services, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact details at Section 1 above.
- If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our internal complaint handling procedure, we will:
- let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- if you purchased the product or service online, you may use the online dispute resolution platform to resolve the dispute with us. For more details, please visit the website on the ‘Your Europe’ portal: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.show&lng=EN. If you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- You can bring legal proceedings in relation to this contract in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in either the Scottish or the English courts.
- English law applies to this contract.
- Our liability
- We warrant to you that any product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied. Please refer to your Miele Guarantee leaflet for details of our standard warranty, and for options to buy extended warranties.
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the product you purchased and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
- This does not exclude or limit in any way our liability:
- For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us, including but not limited to:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data; or
- waste of management or office time
however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable; provided that this paragraph 5.4.4 shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property that fall within the terms of paragraph 5.4.1 or paragraph 5.4.2 or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of categories (a) to (f) inclusive of this paragraph 5.4.4.
- Limit on our responsibility to you
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non‐consumers.
- Written Communications
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us must be given to Miele Company Limited at the postal or email address set out in Section 1. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in 5.6 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an email is sent, or 3 days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
- Transfer of Rights and Obligations
- The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
- We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations under it, without our prior written consent.
- Events Outside our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
- Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default
- No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with paragraph 5.7 above.
If any of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Entire Agreement
We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
- Our Right to Vary These Terms and Conditions
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Order Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within 7 working days of receipt by you of the products).
- Third party rights
No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.
- Miele Service Certificates – 5 and 10 Years
- Our standard 2 year Guarantee is available on all domestic appliances and vacuum cleaners.
- The appliance that you have bought is of excellent quality and construction. However, we will correct, free of charge, any defects in material or workmanship for a period of 2 years (the Guarantee), subject to these terms and conditions.
- From time to time, for certain products bought during limited periods, we may offer 5 or 10 year warranties instead of the standard 2 year Guarantees free of charge. Where a 5 or 10 year warranty is offered this extends the standard period of cover by 3 and 8 years respectively.
- If a promotion is running that you would like to participate in, you have 28 days from your purchase date to claim for extended warranty.
- To qualify for the promotional warranty you must register your appliance within 28 days of purchase using the online form at www.miele.co.uk/promotions. You will be requested to complete your details and to send us a copy of your proof of purchase.
- On receipt of your proof of purchase we will check the details you have provided including that your product is eligible for the promotional warranty, you have applied for as shown at www.miele.co.uk/promotions and that it has been purchased within the promotional period. You will then be issued with a Miele Service Certificate in your name. Please allow up to 60 days for your certificate to arrive before contacting us.
- If you have applied for this warranty online, you will be covered by this warranty once you have received the ‘claim approval’ email approving your claim. If you have any queries in the meantime, please contact us for further assistance.
- Conditions - The Guarantee and subsequent Miele Service Certificate:
- Take effect from the time the goods are delivered.
- Apply only to purchases of new Miele appliances from our authorised specialist dealers within retailers in England, Scotland and Wales. Purchases made in other retailers in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are not included in these promotions.
- Excludes appliances sold as part of contract developments, auctions or rental agreements.
- Are non-transferable and in the event of a change of ownership, will not be valid unless we have given written approval.
- cover services performed only within England, Scotland and Wales.
- Do not confer any rights other than those expressly set out below and do not cover any costs arising from you not being able to use your appliance.
- Are offered as an extra benefit and do not affect your statutory rights relating to the quality of any purchase or the way it was described. For further information on your statutory rights contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Are governed by and in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts, except that, if you live in Scotland, you can submit to either the Scottish or the English courts.
- Requires proof of purchase with application.
- Is available only to residents of and purchases made within England, Scotland and Wales.
- In addition to the correction of defects in material or workmanship during the contract period and subject to the exclusions set out at paragraph 6.7 below, we agree to bear the cost the complete cost of repair including parts and labour.
- If in our opinion an appliance is beyond economic repair, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to provide you with a new appliance of equivalent specification or pay a contribution to a new Miele appliance.
- Any parts removed from an appliance during a repair become our property.
- From the appliance delivery date, we grant to you a two-year manufacturer’s guarantee. The extended cover takes effect directly after this manufacturer’s guarantee ends and is valid for a further 3 years or 8 years depending upon the offer.
- If we replace the appliance, the original Guarantee and/or Service Certificate become invalid for that appliance. It will stay in place for the other appliances registered under that Miele Service Certificate.
- We may, at our discretion, offer to renew the Miele Service Certificate upon expiry.
- We will not bear costs for repairs where appliance breakdown is due to the following:
- Non-compliance with safety regulations and warnings given in the operating instructions.
- Faults caused by the user through operating errors or lack of care and maintenance.
- Non-domestic, inappropriate and/or commercial use.
- Use that extends 1,000 hours for vacuum cleaners or 10,000 operating hours for other appliances.
- Intentional or accidental damage by the owner or third parties.
- Incorrect installation.
- Faulty repairs or repairs carried out by parties other than us or an authorised agent of ours.
- External influences (e.g. weather, transit damage).
- Replacement parts subject to wear and tear (e.g filters), or parts which should be maintained and cleaned by you as indicated in the operating instructions (e.g. filters, washing machine door seals or the Hybrid Vacuum Cleaner battery).
- Glass breakage and defective light bulbs.
- Visual blemishes such as marks and dents.
- Use of non-approved spare parts and accessories, care products, dust bags or spare parts.
- Damage to accessories.
- We will only bear repair costs carried out by our network of service technicians or an authorised agent. If, during a service visit, no fault can be found for which we are responsible according to the Miele Service Certificate Terms and Conditions, you will be invoiced with call-out charges, and labour costs of 60 minutes in accordance with our current standard rates.
- Coffee machines are not eligible for this offer.
We shall not be liable for loss of goods, loss of use, losses arising from you being unable to use your appliance or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses. This does not apply to any liability we are not allowed to exclude by law such as death or personal injury resulting from negligence on our part, or for any damage incurred as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us.
- Customer Contact Centre
- Please call the Miele Customer Contact Centre for advice on solving problems and, if necessary, to arrange a suitable time for a service visit. The Miele Customer Contact Centre can be contacted Monday – Fridays between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm (excluding Bank Holidays) and Saturdays between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm on the following number 0330 160 6600. Throughout the year, opening times may vary, please refer to our website – www.miele.co.uk - for further details.
- Calls cost the basic rate per minute plus your phone company's access charge. Calls may be recorded and monitored for quality and training purposes.
- In the event that there is a need for repairs after the first year, you are obliged to produce the Miele Service Certificate issued in your name for the appliance to be repaired.
- Data Protection
You acknowledge and agree that your details - name, address and payment record will be held and used by us to provide the services and to send to you further information. We may disclose your information to third parties and agents in order to perform the services. We like to keep you up to date with the latest products and promotions. If you tick the “opt out” box on the registration card you will not receive such information.
- You may cancel your extended warranty at any time by giving notice in writing to the address shown at Section 1 above.
- To receive a full refund on warranties which have been purchased you must cancel within 14 days of receiving your service certificate. A full refund will only be given where no claim has been made under the warranty.
- How to contact Domestic & General or complain
- Call the Customer Service Department on 0330 160 6640, open 24-hours a day;
- Write to the Customer Care Manager at Domestic & General Services Limited/Miele Guarantee Department, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth, Warwickshire CV12 8JP;
- Email Domestic & General by clicking on 'contact us' on www.domesticandgeneral.com.
If you are not satisfied with any of the services provided or the way in which discretion has been exercised, you can ask for your case to be reviewed by Domestic & General and a final decision will be made on behalf of the Managing Director.
- Further Contact
If you have any queries regarding your guarantee registration or Miele Service Certificate, please contact the Miele Service Certificate team on 0330 160 6640 or write to us at Miele Service Certificate, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth, Warwickshire, CV12 8JP.
- Miele Platinum Care Service
- Contact Us
Please see Section 1 above.
- Coverage of these terms
The same terms apply to the Miele Platinum Care Service as set out in paragraph 3.2 above, except that Miele Platinum Care is only is available by telephone. It is not available on our website. Please contact us by telephone on 0330 166 6600.
- Ordering services from us
The same terms apply to the Miele Platinum Care Service as set out in paragraph 3.3 above, except that if we cancel either the first or any subsequent service visit during your contract term for reasons within our control we will send you a gift voucher for £25 to spend in the Miele online store. Within our control is limited to technician sickness, failed parts delivery and breakdown of the vehicle the technician is driving. No other cancellation reason will result in the issuing of the gift voucher.
- Service visits
The same terms apply to the Miele Platinum Care Service as set out in paragraph 3.4 above, except that:
- if we do not have all necessary parts to complete the repair on the first service visit, we may need to arrange a return visit. In such cases there will be no further charge applied for the subsequent visits.
- if in our opinion your appliance is beyond repair, we will discuss this with you (see paragraph 7.6.1(c) below).
- Miele Platinum Care Guarantee
- We guarantee the appliance that Miele Platinum Care has been purchased against for faults for a period of 12 months after completion of the first repair visit. If the appliance develops any fault within this period, please contact us by telephone on 0330 160 6600 to arrange a visit free of charge.
- The Miele Platinum Care Guarantee does not apply where the failure of the appliance, a repair or a replaced component is due to any of the following:
- non‐compliance with safety regulations and warnings given in the operating instructions; or
- faults caused by operating errors or lack of care;
- inappropriate and/or commercial use; or
- intentional or accidental damage, or external influences; or
- incorrect installation or faulty repairs by non‐authorised repairers; or
- cosmetic damage;
- use of non‐approved spare parts or accessories.
- Miele Platinum Care is offered as an extra benefit and does not affect your key rights, which are summarised at the top of these terms.
- If the initial repair is covered by any other type of Miele guarantee. The Miele Platinum Care will be cancelled and refunded in full to you.
- Price and Payment
- Miele Platinum Care includes:
- all labour;
- all replacement spare parts;
- where our technician advises that your appliance is beyond repair, you will be offered a contribution towards the purchase of a new appliance directly from us. The contribution value will be the amount you paid for Miele Platinum Care and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- We require advance payment before we start the services.
- We accept payment by all major credit and debit cards but we are unable to accept cash payment.
- Nothing in this agreement affects your legal rights to cancel the contract during the cancellation period under Section 4.
- Cancellation Rights
If you would like to cancel your Platinum Care Service, please see Section 4 above. Section 4 sets both your rights and our rights to cancel the Miele Platinum Care Service
- General Terms
- Please see Section 5 (General Terms).
- Duration and start of cover
- We grant a 2-year guarantee from the date of purchase of the vacuum cleaner CareBox certificate. With the vacuum cleaner CareBox certificate, we cover the cost of repairs for a further 3 years immediately after the initial guarantee period has ended. The validity period is shown on the front of the certificate.
- Repair of the appliance or the provision of spare parts does not extend the period of the contract.
- At time of purchase of the vacuum cleaner CareBox residence and location of the appliance are within England, Scotland or Wales.
- The certificate of the vacuum cleaner CareBox is only valid for one specific Miele appliance in each case and is non-transferable.
- The certificate of the vacuum cleaner CareBox must be registered and taken out within the machine’s 2-year guarantee period.
- The services within the framework of the certificate of the vacuum cleaner CareBox will only be provided within England, Scotland and Wales.
- The use of third-party dustbags not marked with “Genuine Miele” invalidates the repair protection.
- If requested by us, the purchase receipt and the certificate, which must show the name and address of the customer, are to be shown.
- This is for non-commercial use only.
- Cover and range
- Appliance defects will be remedied free-of-charge within a reasonable period either through repair or the replacement of the affected parts. All collection and delivery charges, labour and spares costs will be assumed by us. Exchange parts or appliances become our property.
- Services within the framework of the certificate of the vacuum cleaner CareBox may only be carried out by service agents authorised by us.
- If the appliance is beyond economic repair or if repair is impossible, you will be provided with an identical or equivalent new appliance. Alternatively, if requested, the appropriate current market value of the appliance may be reimbursed. If the current market value of the appliance is reimbursed by us, the certificate of the vacuum cleaner CareBox becomes invalid. If the appliance is replaced, the remaining period of cover provided by the certificate of the vacuum cleaner CareBox is transferred to the new appliance.
- The certificate of the vacuum cleaner CareBox does not cover any further claims for damage against us, except in cases resulting from gross or wilful negligence or liability resulting from fatal injury, physical injury or damage to health.
- The provision of operating facilities, consumables and accessories is not covered by the Carebox Certificate.
The certificate of the vacuum cleaner CareBox will not cover costs for repairs where a fault is due to the following:
- Improper installation, e.g. non-compliance with relevant safety regulations and written operating and installation instructions.
- Improper use and operation, such as the use of wrong dust bag and filter, damage caused by spare parts from other manufacturers, or damage caused by the intake of fluids, construction dust or toner.
- External factors such as damage caused through transportation, impact and jolting, inclement environmental conditions or natural phenomena.
- Repairs or modifications not performed by service agents trained and authorised by us.
- Failure to use genuine Miele spare parts or accessories authorised by us.
- Damage to non-standard accessories.
- Fluctuations in power supply conditions which exceed the tolerances stated by the manufacturer.
- Failure to perform cleaning and care work in compliance with the operating instructions.
- Data protection
Personal data will only be used for the purpose of fulfilling commitments regarding the contract and in full compliance with data protection legislation.
- Outlet Terms and Conditions
- The terms and conditions set out in the rest of this document apply to our outlet products, except for the following differences:
- products are sold "as seen" so must be viewed prior to purchase. No returns or refunds will be accepted (unless the product is faulty or does not match the description). We will only accept returns of faulty or mis-described products and we reserve the right to reject returns for any other reason.
- we are unable to process outlet orders or stock enquiries over the telephone or by email.
- we cannot reserve stock under any circumstances.
- the online stock list should be treated as a guide only. We cannot guarantee that the items will be available when you visit the outlet.
- All outlet products must be collected from the outlet store or delivered within 10 working days.
- All products purchased from our outlet store come with the standard 2 year guarantee. However some products are not eligible for promotions and warranties that we may offer on new products (for example B2 and B3 graded products (please see below for more details).
- Appliances can be collected or delivered to addresses in England, Scotland and Wales. Delivery costs will be advised before the product is purchased.
- payment is by debit or credit card only.
- Our outlet store is located at Fairacres, Marcham Road, Abingdon, OX14 1TW. Our outlet offers clearance and used products direct to you at greatly reduced prices. To give you the most accurate view, our stock list is updated as new products become available. With products on sale across all categories the outlet is extremely popular and products can sell very quickly. Therefore we cannot guarantee that the products listed will be available when you arrive. Products are sold on a 'first come, first served' basis.
- Product Grading:
- A Grade Appliances
These products are brand new A Grade stock, sold at a clearance price. These products come with the standard 2 year guarantee plus any current promotions and warranties that are on offer on new products at the time of sale.
- B1 Grade Appliances
These are products that are unused but are unboxed and may or may not have their original internal packaging. All B1 Grade items have been inspected and tested by us, are in fully working order. These products come with the standard 2 year guarantee plus any current promotions and warranties that are on offer on new products at the time of sale.
- B2 Grade Appliances
These are products that may have been used for display and demonstration or returned to us with less than 50 hours of use. These items may be unboxed and can have signs of use. All B2 Grade items have been inspected and tested by us, are in fully working order and come with our standard 2 year guarantee.
- B3 Grade Appliances
These are products that have been returned to us and may have more than 50 hours of use. Appliances may have some damage such as scratches or dents but have been refurbished by us, are in full working order and come with our standard 2 year guarantee.
- Outlet Guidelines
A member of the outlet team will be very pleased to assist you during your visit, however we ask that you observe the following guidelines as the outlet is in a warehouse environment:
- No animals are permitted on the premises, except guide dogs.
- Please ensure that children are closely supervised at all times for their own safety.
- Please ask for assistance if you wish to examine or move an appliance as some products are heavy and/or may have sharp edges.
- Please stay within the designated areas with the outlet.
- Voucher codes
Voucher codes offered by us may only be redeemed against orders placed direct at our website for the products listed for sale. Voucher codes have no cash value and cannot be refunded or credited against. Vouchers may only be used once and no credit will be given against part used vouchers. All vouchers have an expiry date normally indicated at the point of issue. The expiry date is set to allow a reasonable period of validity and expired vouchers will not be re issued or refunded. We reserve the right to cancel or change, at any time, vouchers which have not been redeemed, even if this is within the valid period.
- We stand by making high quality products which typically last longer thereby minimising the contribution to waste of end of life appliances.
- In accordance with the 2007 WEEE Regulations when you buy a new domestic appliance (excluding vacuum cleaners) direct from us, we will remove your old appliance, like for like, and ensure that it is disposed of in an environmentally friendly way, all free of charge. This includes refurbishing and reusing old appliances wherever possible, recovering materials which can be recycled and minimising what is finally consigned to landfill as waste.
- We are part of the national scheme to promote recycling and more information can be found at www.recycle-more.co.uk.
- Cookies are harmless text files designed to make your online life easier, usually by remembering details such as whether you've visited a site before, what content you may have viewed and what you've placed in your online shopping basket. This data is completely anonymous, containing simply a website name and unique user ID.
- Cookies are also used to collect anonymous data about how visitors use a website, such as how long is spent on each page. This allows companies to work out which parts of their websites are most popular, and which sections might need improving to give visitors a better experience of using the site.
- None of the cookies we use collect personal information about you; they are simply used to give us anonymous data that allows our website to work properly and help us see where we can improve.
- Our website uses anonymised cookies to serve the following functions:
- Adding products to your shopping basket – this allows you to move from one page to another without losing anything that you've put in your online shopping basket.
- Count visitor numbers – several 1st party cookies are used to count visitor numbers, pages viewed and other anonymous data on site usage.
- Tailoring adverts and content – this allows us to see anonymous data about what information you've seen before and how you've interacted with our site – for instance, what products you've bought from us – so that we can show you content such as related products that you're more likely to be interested in.
- Google Analytics tracking – this gives us aggregated data on how visitors use our website, allowing us to see information such as which are our most popular pages, and how long visitors spend on different parts of our site. We use this anonymous data (which is linked only to your IP address, not to any personally identifying information) to identify parts of the site that may need redesigning or rewriting to make them easier to use.
- Other third party analytics tracking – from time to time, we may also make use of other third party analytics tracking, which again is linked only to your IP address and not to any personal information.
- If you'd rather not have cookies on your computer, you can disable them quickly and easily in your browser settings. Instructions for doing this will vary from browser to browser, but will usually be in the ‘privacy' section of your browser settings or preferences. You'll also be able to delete any cookies already on your computer, as well as blocking cookies from other sites.
- Disabling cookies in your browser may result in some aspects of our website not functioning correctly. For example, the products you put in your shopping basket may disappear if you move to another page. We therefore recommend keeping cookies enabled to ensure you get the most from our site.
- For further information about cookies and how to disable them in different browsers, the Information Commissioner's Office offers this comprehensive guide to cookies.
- Data, Privacy and Information
- We will only collect and use personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, for the purpose for which you provided the data or to give you news of our promotions and new products. Your personally identifiable data will only be used within the Miele group and by business partners who are commissioned by us to fulfil your request.
- We adopt best practices and technologies to safeguard your personally identifiable information against loss, damage, corruption, manipulation, unauthorised access and unauthorised disclosure. If you have any questions regarding our Data Security please do not hesitate to contact our webmaster at email@example.com.
- Cross-references or Hyperlinks on our websites may connect to Internet sites run by other companies. We cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for the content of such sites or their data security policies.
- Every effort is made to ensure that all information, content and data shown on our website in relation to our products, services, news and promotions is accurate, up to date and complete. However due to continuous product improvement and other changing conditions, we reserve the right to make changes to products and technical data, and other website content without prior notice. We will treat all complaints relating to website information in a fair and reasonable way but ultimately will not be held responsible for any loss, inconvenience or action taken based on the information provided in good faith on our website.
- The copyright in all text and images on our website belong to Miele Company Limited or its licensors. You may view, download and print for your own reference only and for circulation strictly within your own organisation, but may not modify or make any further use of or copy to any other person, or make any commercial use of whatsoever, without our specific written permission.